Studio Etiquette TIPS
It’s your first time going to yoga class and you fear you’ll feel out of place. Walking into a yoga class for the first time can feel intimidating, especially if you're not sure what to expect.
One way to help calm your pre-class worries is to learn a thing or two about studio etiquette. Take a glance through these tips to enjoy the full yoga experience!
CLASS ETIQUETTE: The (Semi) unspoken rules of yoga
- Arrive on time. We lock our studio door during class for the safety and security of our students/teachers.
- Leave all personal belongings such as bags, purses, and extra clothing items in the locker rooms.
- Turn off all electronics. Anything that dings, rings, or buzzes should be turned off and kept outside the yoga studio.
- No shoes in the studio - bare feet only.
- Make space for students as they arrive in the studio.
- Meet your neighbor before class. Quiet conversations in the studio are welcomed!
- Stay until "Namaste." If you need to leave early, please let your instructor know prior to class.
- Take the time to enjoy the "Savasana" portion of class.
- Remain COMPLETELY SILENT after class.
- Clean around your mat/space after class.
- Be respectful and practice patience with new students.